When it comes to trimmers, you need to choose between the 2 cycles and the 4-cycle trimmer. And, because not many people know what the difference is, they don’t know which one is better.
This is what this guide is all about. To get to know the different cycle trimmers. And, to make sure that you know which one is going to be the better option for you. This is everything you need to know about the different cycle trimmers.
What Does the Cycle Mean in a 2 or 4 Cycle Trimmer?
The first thing that you need to know is what the cycle means in the 2 or 4 cycle trimmers. This can be confusing if you don’t know what the cycle actually means.
The cycle is the number of times that the piston completes in a combustion engine. This means that a 4-cycle trimmer will be more powerful than the two-cycle trimmer.
It is important to consider the cycle before you just purchase any type of trimmer.
2 Cycle Trimmers
The two-cycle trimmer needs less two steps to produce the power to cut the grass efficiently. Meaning that less engine power is needed. This is normally the trimmers that are lighter and cheaper.
Most people are buying the 2 cycles because they think that this is the more powerful trimmer on the market. But this isn’t the truth. The fewer cycles needed, the less power is produced.
These are some of the benefits of purchasing and using a 2 cycle trimmer:
- The trimmer with the 2 cycles is lightweight. The engine is smaller and lighter
- It is also easier and cheaper to maintain trimmer. The engine parts are cheaper and fewer engine parts are needed.
- Because the 2 cycle trimmer is lightweight and smaller, it is easier to store it away. It takes up a lot less storage in your garden shed.
Some negative things to consider:
- Because of the lower engine capacity, you can’t cut thick grass without the trimmer getting too hot. Causing the trimmer’s engine to fail easier.
- It might be low maintenance, but you will need frequent maintenance done on the trimmer.
4 Cycle Trimmers
With the 4 cycle trimmers, it takes the trimmer four cycles to complete a pistol round. Meaning more power is needed to complete a 4 cycle. This is the stronger, heavier trimmers on the market. It will need more power, more gas, and for sure stronger people to handle the trimmer.
These are some of the benefits of buying and using a 4 cycle trimmer:
- The trimmer is normally a lot quieter than the 2 cycle trimmer.
- It produces more power and is stronger than the other trimmers.
- You will be able to get the job done faster and more effectively.
Some of the negatives and problems of the 4 cycle trimmers:
- It is a heavy trimmer that is hard to handle.
- These trimmers are larger and need more storage to store them away.
- More gas is needed and higher maintenance costs.
Which One is the Best?
There is no proof to say that the 4 cycle or the 2 cycle is the better option. It depends on your preferences at the end of the day. What is better for you and your garden needs. For some, the 2 cycle trimmers are the better options, because they are lighter to handle. But, others prefer the 4 cycles, because this is durable and high-quality trimmers.
You need to consider everything about the trimmers to decide which one is going to be best for you and your garden needs. To make sure that you know that you are purchasing the right one for you. And, not what other people are saying is the best one.
It is important to make sure that you know as much about the 2 cycle and 4 cycle trimmers before you can choose which one is going to be best for you. Some prefer the 2 cycles while others need the 4 cycles.
With this guide, you will get to know the different trimmers and you will be able to decide which one is going to be best for you and your personal needs.